A lot of Kenyan companies, government sectors, and even NGO’s request for a certificate of good conduct whenever one is asking for a job. Seldom, the Certificate of ethical behaviour for company executives has been necessitated when companies distribute tenders for the supply of products or services in the country. The principal purpose of the document is a method of verification to guarantee that the person’s record in the Criminal Investigation Department is clear.
Applying for eCitizen good conduct certificate
To apply for a certificate of ethical conduct, you will require to have achieved a minimum age of 18 years. You further need to possess a second generation national identification card as well as a clear copy of the same. The third important factor is that you need to have an eCitizen account. If you don’t have one, then don’t worry. You can create the account for free. Nairobi inhabitants must apply for the certificate online. The portal also grants for eCitizen good conduct revision.
You will also be needed to pay Ks 1,050 through MPESA to get the certificate. Once you are done with the process, you will want to print the payment confirmation and take it back the Criminal Investigation Department headquarters.
ECitizen good conduct application process
- Initially, log in to your eCitizen account on ecitizen.go.ke utilising your username ( email) and password. That will take you to the eCitizen dashboard.
- The moment you’re on the dashboard, you can continue to click ‘Get Service Now’, which is below the division ‘Directorate of Criminal Investigations’.
- You will next follow the guidelines on how to apply for a grown-up or under 18.
- Select the payment method to pay 1050 for the ethical conduct certificate.
- Download and then print two copies of the payment receipt and a copy of the C24 on both sides of the A4 paper.
- The moment you’re done with the online part, you can continue to present to the CID offices the prints and C24 alongside an original identification document or original birth certificate in the case of a minor. This stage, you will likewise go through fingerprint processing. The CID headquarters are located on Kiambu road, past Muthaiga Golf Club.
- Throughout the application process, you can set the precise date on which you would like to go over the fingerprint processing.
Requirements for Certificate of good conduct
- Be 18 years and above
- Have original Identification documents
- Have an eCitizen account