Over the last few years, the Kenyan government has used the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) as the means through which it hopes to provide health coverage to all the Kenyans eventually. Since founding in 2006, NHIF has increased its membership in both the formal and non-formal sectors. Originally, Kenyans had to tour the NHIF branch to access health coverage services. In the modern digital age, you can access all the services at the NHIF online portal at the convenience of your house. The portal makes it super easy for Kenyans to register and have all the perks of the super covers. In this post, we will see exactly how to make NHIF payments through M-PESA.
If you don’t know your NHIF status, you can do that online, see the guide here.
How to make NHIF payments through M-PESA
- Go to the M-PESA menu on your mobile device
- Select the pay bill option
- Enter the NHIF business no as 200222
- In the part of account no. , key in the national identity number(ID number) of the NHIF contributor
- Enter the total amount that you wish to contribute
- Enter your M-PESA pin
- Confirm if all the details are accurate and then press OK
- You will obtain a confirmation message from M-PESA confirming that the transaction was successful.