HELB stands for Higher Education Loan Board. In 1995 HELB was established by an Act of Parliament (Cap 213A). It is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology. The main speculator in advanced education in Kenya is HELB. The official request of the board is to pay out advances, bursaries and grant to the understudies who seek after advanced education in the eminent establishments. As per the request, HELB gives grants to Kenyans who seeking after advanced education and reasonable credits bursaries. Preparing Revolving Fund and Afya Elimu Fund Loans are likewise given by HELB. Through the Act, the Board has recouped stores advanced out to Kenyans before.
HELB thought of a straightforward and secure portable stage for HELB advance reimbursements utilizing the HELB M-pesa paybill number and diverse different stages. Making the installment of your extraordinary HELB advances by utilizing M-pesa isconvenient, quicker, more secure and secure. The repayment of the advance is normally started one year after your graduation. In the event that you don’t know how to pay HELB by means of Mpesa then simply experience this article once and you get a thought regarding this. Aside from Mpesa, other credit reimbursement techniques are additionally there which incorporate money store to HELB accumulation, EFT through most banks in Kenya and Bankers Check.
How to pay HELB via Mpesa
To pay off HELB credit by utilizing Mpesa you need to have the HELB business number which is 200800 and your national ID number as your record number. Take after these means to reimburse your HELB credit by means of HELB Mpesa paybill number:
- Open the Sim Toolkit on your telephone, at that point M-Pesa menu, at that point tap on Lipa na M-pesa and after that select Pay Bill alternative.
- At the point when requested a business number, enter HELB business number as 200800 and press alright catch.
- Presently, you will be requested record number at that point enter your National ID Number as your record number.
- Enter the measure of cash you mean to pay.
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN number.
- Twofold check the points of interest you entered, if adjust tap on send catch.
- A M-Pesa exchange affirmation SMS will be sent to you soon after.
Take after the above advances legitimately for HELB installment by means of Mpesa. the best thing is that you can do this from the solace of your own home.
Alongside this technique, different strategies are likewise there for paying HELB which incorporates Equity bank ATM’s, Airtel cash exchange and Pesapoint. By utilizing your national ID number for account reference number you can reimburse your credit sum through these strategies.
What is Mpesa, their services and how does Mpesa work
Mpesa is a versatile cash exchange framework. M remains for portable and pesa is a Swahili word for cash. This is utilized as a part of Kenya and other couple of nations over the world. In 2007, the small scale financing framework, Mpesa was established but later it was exchanged to a portable cash exchange framework.
M-Pesa enables clients to exchange cash, store, pull back and pay for merchandise and ventures (Lipa na M-Pesa) effortlessly with a cell phone. HELB Mpesa installment benefit is considered as helpful and secure. The administrations gave by Mpesa are given beneath:
- Send cash
- Purchase merchandise and enterprises
- Pull back money
- Demand credit
- Pay credit
- Pay charge
- Spare cash
- Purchase broadcast appointment
With regards to how M-Pesa functions, there are three things you should need to utilize the Mpesa administrations.
A national ID card/international ID to get to the administrations from a specialist
A cell phone utilizing a Safaricom line
You should be an enlisted Mpesa client to appreciate the greater part of the administrations
A client can utilize the versatile support of send cash to other individuals who are utilizing other portable systems, similar to Orange and Airtel. The Menu of M-pesa incorporates a few highlights which are Send Money, Withdraw Cash, Buy Airtime, M-Shwari, Lipa na M-Pesa, and My Account.
Mpesa rates and charges (2018)
Mpesa charges for sending and withdrawal cash however an ATM, m-pesa taxes and Safaricom operator, while exchanging money both to the enrolled and un-enlisted Mpesa clients. The stores and the enrollment of Mpesa are free. When you purchase Safaricom broadcast appointment or when you create your Safaricom Mpesa proclamation through Mpesa there is no charge. The charges of Safaricom Kenya Mpesa exchange and withdrawal relies on the sum in the exchange. The greatest sum you can send in a day is Kshs 140000 and the most extreme sum you can send per exchange is Kshs 70000. As contrast with an enlisted client, the non-enrolled clients pay somewhat more to send cash. You can exchange any sum more prominent than Ksh 10 however you can’t pull back not as much as Ksh 50 from an operator.
The Mpesa rates graph has been given beneath:
- Greatest Account Balance is KSHs.100,000
- You can’t pull back under KSHs.50 at a M-PESA specialist outlet
- At a specialist outlet, you can’t store cash specifically into another M-PESA client’s record.
- To execute, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be dynamic
- Bonga focuses will be given to you when you execute on M-PESA.
- Most extreme per exchange is KSHs.70,000 and greatest Daily Transaction Value is KSHs.140,000.
- To enlist or execute at any M-PESA Agent outlet, you will be required to create your unique distinguishing proof report, i.e., National ID, Passport, Military ID or Alien ID/Foreigner Certificate