National Hospital Insurance Fund ( NHIF ) is a State Parastatal under the Ministry of Health that accommodates healthcare needs of a few Kenyans. The Fund’s centre command is to give medicinal protection cover to every one of its individuals and their pronounced dependants (mate and kids).
The NHIF enrollment is available to all Kenyans who have accomplished the age of 18 a long time and have a month to month pay of more than Ksh 1000. NHIF has 61 completely self-ruling branches the nation over. Every one of these branches offers all NHIF administrations including the instalment of advantages to healing centres or individuals or businesses.
The following is a refreshed table of NHIF Rates in 2020
|Salary From (Low)||Salary To (High)||Rate|
- Outpatient Services: Health Education, Consultation, Laboratory Investigations, Daycare Procedures, Drugs and Dispensation, Wellness and Counseling, Physiotherapy Services, Immunization or Vaccines as KEPI Schedule.
NHIF Inpatient Services
- Maternal Care – Prenatal and Antenatal Care and Deliveries (For Normal Deliveries and Caesarian Section)
- Reproductive Health Services: Family Planning
- Renal Dialysis
- Overseas treatment for specialized surgeries not available locally.
- Rehabilitation for drug 6 substance abuse,
- All surgical procedures including transplants.
- Emergency Road Evacuation Services.
- Radiology Imaging Services (X-rays, CT Scan 6 MRI)