Sigalagala National Polytechnic institute is your go-to training school if you want to gain hands-on expertise and horn your entrepreneur professions. The institution’s motto is to appropriately train its students without compromising on the quality of education offered. That approach of teaching has allowed this polytechnic to continue serving students from various parts of Kenya over many decades.
Sigalagala Polytechnic started in the year 1950 and has grown from a trade school to a National Polytechnic that presently boasts of an enrolment of over 4000 trainees. In turn, it provides an almost equivalent number of graduates.
The underlying aim of this institution is to bestow skills, transform lives, and growing the marketplace. That goal is possible because it prides itself in building not only a highly skilled graduate but also accountable, competent individuals in society
List of Courses offered at Sigalagala Technical Training Institute
Sigalagala Poly gives competitive courses as listed below. The courses are divided into departments, as shown.
Applied Sciences department
- Diploma in Applied Biology and Analytical Chemistry
- Diploma in Entrepreneurial Agriculture
- Diploma in General Agriculture
- Certificate in Science Laboratory Technology
- Certificate in Entrepreneurial Agriculture
- Certificate in General Agriculture
- Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technician
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory
- Higher National Diploma in Applied Biology
Building and Civil Engineering department
- Dip. in Land Survey and Building Construction
- Diploma in Civil Engineering and Water Technology and Quantity Survey
- Certificate in Building Technology
- Certificate in Land Survey
- Higher Diploma in Building Engineering and Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Highways and Structural Engineering
- Higher National Diploma In Human Resource Management
- Diploma Human Resource Management Module I, II, III
- Certificate in Human Resource Management Module I, II
- Diploma in Community Development Module I, II, III
- Certificate in Community Development Module I, II
- Diploma in Business Management I, II, III
- Certificate in Business Management I, II
- Diploma in Accountancy
- Diploma in Freight Management and Project Management
- Certificate Project Management
- Dip. in Supplies Chain Management I, II, III
- Certificate in Supplies Chain Management I, II
- Associate Purchasing And Supplies (Level I &II)
- Certified Purchasing & Suppliers Professional (Part I, II, III)
- Dip in Purchasing and Supplies
- Certificate in Purchasing and Supplies
- Certified Procurement and Supply Professional Part 1, II, III, IV
ICT department courses
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology (Module I, II, and III)
- Craft Certificate in Information Technology (Module I and II)
- Certificate in Systems Support
- Diploma in Systems Support
- Computer Packages
- Dip in Information Communication Technology Level I, II, III
- Internet and Core Computing certification
- Diploma in Computer Studies
- Cisco Certification
- Oracle Certification
- Accounting Package
Information Science department
- Library and Information Management
- Diploma in Information Studies
- Certificate in Information Studies
- Diploma in Journalism And Mass Media
- Dip. in Music And Sound Engineering
- New Courses To Be Introduced Are:
- Dip. in Archive and Record Management.
- Higher National Diploma in Archives and Record Management
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Department Module 1, 2 and 3
- Craft Certificate in Electrical and Electronics Module 1, and 2
- Solar PV Installation
Newly introduces courses include:
- Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Craft Certificate in Telecommunication
- Dip. in Telecommunication Engineering Module 1
- Craft Certificate in Instrumentation and Control
- Diploma in Instrumentation and Control Engineering Module 1
There are more than 100 marketable courses to choose from. With a D- and above, Sigalagala TTI provides you with a chance to pursue a marketable course.
Courses are offered at various campuses:
- Main Campus – Classes are regular
- Town Campus – Kakamega, both regular and Evening classes.
- Off-Campus – Attended during Holiday or School-based
Sigalagala Technical Training Institute courses minimum requirements
For certificate courses, one is required to have attained a minimum of D (plain) in KCSE
For diploma courses, one is required to have attained a minimum of C- (minus) in KCSE
Sigalagala fees structure
The fees vary depending on the course one has been admitted to take. The fee structure is normally attached to the admission letter.
Sigalagala National Polytechnic admission letter
Anyone who is interested in joining Sigalagala Poly is first allowed to select a course of their choice. If one meets the minimum requirement for the liked course, they are given an admission letter officially inviting them to join the institution. In the admission letter, all the admission requirements are duly listed, depending on the course.
Sigalagala Polytechnic application form
The application form can be obtained from the institution’s admission offices.
Sigalagala National Polytechnic contacts-phone number and email
In case of any queries, contact the institution via the following contact information.
- Postal address: The Sigalagala National Polytechnic,
- P.O Box 2966 – 50100, Kakamega, Kenya.
- Phone number: +254 726 806105 or +254 736 101803
- Email address: email@example.com
- Facebook handle: @Sigalagala-Polytechnic-197608093587927
- Website: www.sigalagalapoly.ac.ke
Sigalagala National Polytechnic location
Sigalagala Poly is located in Kakamega County, Western Kenya. It is approximately a 15-minute drive (that is 12.3 kilometres) from Kakamega town using Mukumu Road.
Become the best you can be with the best help you can get
Decide to make the best out of yourself by opting for joining Sigalagala National Polytechnic, where you are sure of getting the best skills and education to achieve your dreams. select a course that you will allow you to bring out the best version of yourself.